As many of you might have guessed, i’m an incurable chocoholic. I love everything chocolate (except white chocolate as it’s not really chocolate). I’ve baked chocolate cookies, chocolate muffins, chocolate cake… so what’s next? Since Dec 8 is national Brownies day, i’m gonna make some chocolate brownies!!
There are so many recipes for chocolate brownies on the internet. Some are cakey, some are fudgy, some use cocoa powder, some use chocolate chips. I’ve finally decided to try a simple brownie recipe: http://www.chow.com/recipes/30376-easy-brownies
- 6 ounces (about 1 cup) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line an 8-by-8-inch metal baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until just evenly incorporated. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Add the flour and fold in until just incorporated, about 20 strokes (no white streaks should remain).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, push it to the edges in an even layer, and smooth the top.
- Bake about 25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack and let the brownies cool for at least 20 minutes.
- To remove the brownies, grip the excess foil and pull it out of the baking pan. Transfer to a cutting board and cut the brownies into 2-inch squares.
Ooh… the chocolatey smell coming out of the oven was incredible! And these brownies turned out great! They were moist and fudgy, definitely rich in chocolatey taste. Sooo yummy… and so easy to make too!