My daily breakfast usually consists of a banana, coffee and some sort of dessert or pastry. I’ve had too much sweet stuff lately so i thought, what else would go well with my morning cup of joe? Then i thought: biscotti, since it’s crunchy and not too sweet! So here we go:
2 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into a roll and place onto prepared cookie sheet. Press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack.
- When the cookie is cool enough to handle, slice crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted.
The biscotti turned out great! Crispy, chocolatey and not too sweet. Perfect with my morning cuppa!