There are lots of desserts that are no-bake. I came across this recipe and thought i’d give it a shot:
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 Golden OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 2 oz white baking chocolate, melted
- 2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX half the cream cheese with each flavor of cookie crumbs in separate bowls until blended. Shape mixture in each bowl into 12 (1/2-inch) balls.
- PRESS together 1 of each flavored ball to form 1-inch ball, being careful to keep each flavor separate. Flatten slightly; place on parchment-covered baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- DIP white half of each ball, 1 at a time, in white chocolate; return to baking sheet. Refrigerate 10 min. Repeat with remaining undipped sides in semi-sweet chocolate. Refrigerate 1 hr until firm.
Wow the name wasn’t kidding. These cookie balls were definitely double the trouble. I’ve never used white chocolate before so i didn’t know how difficult it was to work with. After melting the chocolate it was still extremely gooey, impossible to dip the cookies in. I had to add some milk to thin it out. For some reason they just didn’t come out right.
The chocolate side was extremely easy, melted beautifully and dipped easily, and hardened easily too. I should’ve just made simple oreo truffles, much less work & mess to deal with.
Taste-wise they were pretty good; the dark chocolate side much better than the white side. Yeah, next time i’ll just make oreo truffles! 😛