X’mas is almost here, i’m thinking of baking up a batch of holiday cookies. I searched online and the pictures for chocolate crinkles popped up: chewy chocolate cookies covered in a layer of powdered sugar, like white snow. Very x’massy!
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 oz (60 g) unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls and drop into powdered sugar; roll around to coat.
- Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks.
Wow these absolutely delightful chocolatey cookies almost like brownies. They went into the oven like truffles but came out picture-perfect! So tasty, goes well with milk. Maybe i’ll put some out for Santa 😉