Happy 2015! This is my first bake of the year. I’m so excited 🙂
The holiday season is finally over. Between Thanksgiving, X’mas & New Year, I’ve had so much feasting on yummy foods and decadent desserts. I feel bloated and 10 lbs heavier. So to start the year off, I’m gonna bake something a little healthier: blueberry muffins!
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line 8 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to the 4 empty muffin cups (this helps to make sure the muffins bake evenly).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl with a whisk. Add in egg, oil and milk and mix only until combined, don’t over-mix! (The muffin batter will be quite thick).
- Add blueberries and use a spatula to gently fold the berries into the muffin batter.
- Divide batter between 8 muffin cups. (The batter will come to the tops of the paper liners).
- Bake muffins 15 to 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy muffins.
These muffins are not very sweet coz i’m trying to cut down on my sugar intake. They still taste good and can be enjoyed with some butter or jam. They make a great breakfast 🙂