Today i’m gonna try making some crème brûlée. I don’t have a kitchen torch so i’ll use the broiler to “brûlée” the “crème”: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-creme-brulee-146776
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Whisk the cream, egg yolks, sugar & vanilla together in a cup. Mix it all up until it gets creamy.
- Pour this mixture into 2 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking pan. Fill the baking pan with hot water, about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Place the pan with the ramekins in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. After 45 minutes check them every ten minutes. You’ll know they’re done when you can stick a knife in one and it comes out clean.
- Remove the ramekins from the baking pan, set them on the counter and let them cool for 15 minutes. At this point they can be covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Before serving, set oven to low broiler setting. Sprinkle a THIN layer of sugar on top. Make sure it completely covers the custard. Put them under the broiler for 1-5 minutes, until the sugar has melted and creates a golden brown, caramelized crust.
Wow, the crème brûlée sure was yummy! The layer of caramel on top was nice & crisp, and the custard inside was smooth & silky. The sweetness of the caramel combined with the vanilla custard gives a great flavor. I really enjoyed this easy & delicious dessert!