I had a craving for cinnamon rolls but was too lazy to mess with yeast & dough. So i decided to bake up a loaf of cinnamon-swirl bread:
3/4 cup white sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
3. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
4. Combine egg, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
5. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
6. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon/sugar mixture. Draw a knife through batter to marble.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
As the bread was baking, the amazing cinnamon smell wafting out of the oven fills my entire apartment. The bread turned out super moist & tender on the inside, with a crunchy cinnamon crust. Every bite is filled with wonderful cinnamon flavor. This recipe is definitely a keeper!