Haven’t baked these past couple weeks coz i was busy with the wedding. Now the wedding is over and i’m officially married! Considering we only had a couple weeks to plan, the wedding went above & beyond my imagination. It was a dream wedding and i’m on cloud nine! 🙂
The color scheme was pink & yellow. Pink coz it’s my favorite color; my wedding dress is pink. Yellow coz it’s bright & sunny; my bouquet was yellow tulips, my favorite flower. So for my first bake as a Mrs, i decided to go with something bright & sunny:
1 1/2 cups (10 sheets) graham cracker crumbs
6 tbsp butter, melted
3 lemons, juiced
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs, seperated
1. Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a glass pie dish.
2. Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, and condensed milk. Pour into crust.
3. Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. (thick but still soft enough that the peaks bend)
4. Spread meringue on top of filling being sure to cover entire pie to the crust with meringue.
5. Bake at 325F for 15 minutes. Turn on broiler for a few minutes to toast the top of the meringue if desired.
This is a super simple pie to make; didn’t take much effort or time at all. The pie was sweet & tangy, full of bright citrus flavor. It’s the perfect sunny dessert to brighten up a gloomy day (it’s been raining quite a lot lately). So… here’s to a bright & sunny married life!