Yesterday i made some yummy homemade no-churn ice-cream. Today i decided to bake something utterly decadent to go with it – chocolate cobbler!
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Pour butter in bottom of the baking pan. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. Add milk and vanilla. Stir to combine and spoon into the baking pan on top of the butter. Do not mix in.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over the batter in the pan. Do not mix in.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the mixture. Do not mix in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set.
OMG! This chocolate cobbler is amazing! When i put it in it was just a watery mess, but when i took it out it was bubbling chocolatey goodness. It tasted just like molten chocolate cake – so gooey and amazing. With a scoop of my homemade ice-cream, it was a match made in heaven. Simply a perfect treat for a beautiful sunny day!