Tonight i wanted something easy & chocolate-y for dessert. Saw this video for 2-ingredient chocolate cake:
2 eggs, seperated
4 oz chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 4 ramekins.
2. Place chocolate in large bowl and melt in microwave. When chocolate has cooled, add yolks and mix with a whisk.
3. Whip egg whites with electric mixer until firm peaks. Add 1/3 meringue into chocolate batter and whisk together.
4. Add the rest of the meringue half at a time and mix well with spatula.
5. Pour batter into ramekins and drop them lightly on the counter to raise air bubbles out. Bake 20-30 minutes.
6. When cakes are done, cool slightly in ramekins. Then place on wire rack to cool completely.
Brush cakes with syrup or dust with powdered sugar to finish. Serve with fresh fruit or ice cream if desired.
OMG… this cake is pure chocolate decadence. It is rich & fudgy, with the texture somewhere between a cake and a brownie. But i can’t get over how pure and intense the chocolate flavor is. With only 2 ingredients and 5 minutes to whip up (before baking), it can’t get any easier! And no flour or butter or added sugar, i don’t feel bad eating it 😛 This cake is gonna be showing up very often in my baking rotation 🙂