Today is the hottest day of the year: it’s 106 F outside. When it’s this hot, i don’t feel like turning on the oven. So it’s time for a nice cold dessert – chocolate peanut butter icebox cake:
- 18 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (4.2 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter and crushed cookies until well moistened.
- Press into an ungreased 8 X 8-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In the meantime, mix pudding with milk in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together. Fold in one cup of Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over prepared crust. Spread pudding over cream cheese layer.
- Combine peanut butter with remaining Cool Whip and spread over pudding layer.
- Refrigerate two hours. Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.
OMG this dessert is amazing! The flavor & texture profile is off the charts: crunchy sweet oreo base, smooth tangy cream cheese, creamy sweet chocolate pudding, crunchy salty peanut butter. It’s like a party in my mouth!
This is one of the best desserts i’ve made. My husband loves it and says it’s restaurant-worthy. I could eat the whole thing. And it’s the perfect relief for a hot summer evening 🙂