Summer is halfway through and so is summer fruit season. I love the sweet peaches of summer, so I decided to bake a peach clafoutis. Clafoutis is a baked French dessert of fruit, traditionally black cherries, arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter: http://honestfare.com/berry-clafouti/
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a blender blend milk, flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour a ¼ inch layer of batter in baking dish. Place in oven until batter firms up a bit.
- Remove from heat and place peaches over batter. Sprinkle on remaining sugar. Pour on rest of batter evenly.
- Bake 45-60 minutes. The clafouti is done when puffed and brown and a knife comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
This is such a simple and tasty dessert! Whips up in a flash and tastes wonderful! It has a flan-like custard texture and a sweet peachy flavor. I’m sure it would be great with other fruits as well. It’s light so i don’t feel too guilty eating more than one slice 🙂