I never had milk duds before. Got a pack from Walmart and tried it. Love the caramel-y flavor. Thought it would be good in a cookie: a caramel cookie. But i also felt like having a brownie. So, why not combine them?
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp caramel
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk duds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp instant coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add sugars to melted butter. Stir until completely combined. Add caramel and egg. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in milk duds and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8×8-inch pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, egg and vanilla. Add oil and stir until completely combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking powder and salt.
- Add to sugar mixture, stirring until just combined. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove brownie and top with cookie batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter across pan, then gently spread until brownie is completely covered.
- Place pan back in oven and continue to bake 25-30 minutes. Serve with a giant scoop of ice-cream!
Yum! This brookie is super yummy: a chewy, buttery caramel cookie baked onto a decadent, fudgy chocolate brownie. The only problem was the cookie seems to have eaten the brownie. It was mostly cookie with a little bit of brownie on the bottom. Not that i’m complaining; i do love the caramel cookie! But next time i’ll probably double the brownie and half the cookie, because i think the brownie should be the star.
Nevertheless, I made a giant brookie sundae and devoured the whole thing. Part cookie, part brownie, a whole lotta yumminess! 🙂