I love muffins. They’re versatile and portion-controlled lovely little bites of sweetness. They can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. You can put anything in them. And best of all they’re super easy to make, so you can whip up a batch of yummy muffins whenever the desire hits you, and for me it’s almost everyday:
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 425 F. Lightly grease bottoms of 6 muffin cups.
- Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork. Stir in sugar, oil and egg until mixed.
- Stir in other ingredients just until moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until light golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of muffins from pan, take them out and cool on wire rack.
- Dip in chocolate ganache and garnish with strawberries if desired.
These muffins are great! Bursting with strawberry flavor, tender & moist, not too sweet. Without the ganache it makes a great breakfast, bits of strawberry in every bite. With the chocolate it makes an amazing dessert because chocolate & strawberry is the perfect flavor combination. I’ll eat the muffins for breakfast, lunch, dinner & dessert!