I’ve probably mentioned this several times that my favorite dessert is cheesecake, and my favorite cheesecakes are those from the Cheesecake Factory. They are so rich and dense and decadent. My goal is to try every flavor of cheesecake on their ginormous menu.
The latest addition to their cheesecake family is the salted caramel cheesecake. I tried it the day it came out and really liked it. Caramel goes great with cheesecake. So today i made some caramel cheesecake bars.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (recipe below)
- Mix crumbs and butter and press into bottom of pan lined with plastic wrap. Chill until ready to use.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- In separate bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer half filling into prepared crust, smoothing top with spatula. Spread 1/4 cup caramel sauce onto filling.
- Dollop remaining filling on top and smooth with spatula. Spoon remaining caramel on top and swirl with knife.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ stick (4 Tbsp) butter
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low to medium heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until thicker. (If sauce is thin, just continue cooking for a few more minutes.) Turn off heat and let cool.
Ooh lala… these caramel cheesecake bars are so good! Creamy and light with a subtle caramel flavor. Of course they are not as rich or dense as that from the CF. But these require no baking and are perfect for a warm summer night!