I have a box of milk duds in my pantry and some leftover homemade caramel sauce in my fridge. So i wanted to bake something that goes well with caramel and i thought, how about peanut butter?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped milk duds
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add into flour mixture and mix until combined. Gently stir in chopped milk duds.
- Pour into greased 7-inch square cake pan and bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Cool slightly then invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Top with ice-cream and drizzle with caramel.
If you’re a peanut butter & caramel lover, oh boy, you’re gonna love this one! Before the cake is even done, the smell of peanut butter coming out of the oven is amazing. The cake itself is full of peanut butter & caramel flavor. The texture is soft & moist, contrasting well with the crunchiness of the peanuts and the chewiness of the milk duds. I love this cake! Serve it with ice-cream for dessert or with some sliced bananas for breakfast! Great for any time of day 🙂