It’s fall and everything on the internet is pumpkin-flavored. You can’t escape pumpkin desserts and foods & drinks. As i’ve mentioned before, i’m not a big fan of pumpkin so i’m a little pumpkin-weary.
Apparently, pumpkin-spiced latte is a big thing among coffee drinkers. I love coffee, just the basic, plain, simple kind with a dash of milk. I also love biscotti with my coffee, so today i’m baking some cookies ‘n cream peanut-butter biscotti:
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
cookies n cream kisses, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oil, sugar, egg, vanilla and peanut butter until well blended.
- Combine flour and baking powder, stir into egg mixture to form a heavy dough.
- Form dough into a roll and place onto prepared cookie sheet. Press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire rack.
- When cool enough, slice crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices cut side up back onto baking sheet.
- Bake for additional 5 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted.
- Dip biscotti into melted cookies n cream kisses. Let cool & harden.
These biscotti are crispy & crunchy. The sweet cookies n cream complements well with the light peanut butter flavor. They are perfect with a plain and simple cup of coffee! 🙂