Today is national dessert day! (Actually everyday is dessert day in this household :P)
My husband’s favorite dessert flavor is chocolate, so to celebrate this awesome day i’m baking up some chocolate cobbler:
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder (divided)
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar (divided)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup hot water
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, coffee powder, and 2 Tbsp cocoa powder. Stir in milk, 1 Tbsp sugar, butter and vanilla. Batter will be very thick. Divide it between 2 ramekins.
- Whisk together remaining 2 Tbsp cocoa powder and 1 Tbsp sugar. Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over everything but DO NOT STIR.
- Bake cobblers on small sheet pan at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving warm with ice-cream.
The cobbler is so yummy: it’s chocolatey but not super rich, and the chocolate sauce goes well with ice-cream. A perfect way to end the evening with this indulgent chocolate cobbler à la mode, because everything is better with chocolate & ice-cream. 🙂