Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day! What’s better than regular chocolate cupcakes? Marbled chocolate cupcakes!
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp melted white chocolate
- Preheat oven 350. Place cupcake liners in 3 cups of muffin pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk first 3 ingredients. In small bowl, whisk next 4 ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. Divide batter in two. Mix cocoa in one and white chocolate in the other.
- Spoon batters into muffin cups in alternate layers of brown & white. Swirl to create marbling effect.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool on wire rack. Top with desired frosting.
These cupcakes are yummy! They are moist and light in texture. Their flavor profile is perfect: the sweetness of white chocolate balances the slight bitterness of chocolate. After all, two chocolates are better than one, right? 🙂