Recently i purchased a mini muffin tin. I was looking for desserts to bake with it and found this recipe:
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 large egg
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 24 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, and honey until smooth. Add flour and salt. Mix using a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle mixture with 1 Tbsp cold water. Mix with fork. Add remaining water, 1 Tbsp at a time, and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 24 balls, 1 Tbsp at a time. Place 1 ball in each cup of prepared pan. Press dough into bottom and up sides of each muffin cup. Set pan aside.
For the filling:
- Place sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips, butter, and milk in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until smooth (3-4 minutes). Remove pan from heat. Stir in flour and egg until well-blended.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly among muffin cups. (1 1/2 tsp of mixture per cup.)
- Bake 10-12 minutes until crust is lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of each tart and remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
OMG these tartlets are awesome!!!! They look so cute like miniature tarts. They smell amazing coming out from the oven. Best of all, they taste fabulous! The flavor combination of the peanut butter crust with the chocolate fudge center is phenomenal. The texture is crispy & crunchy like a cookie. And they are bite-sized; i couldn’t stop myself popping them into my mouth one after another. I polished off almost half of them before my husband stopped me and said i needed to share 😛