A few days ago i baked a ginormous chocolate cookie. Today i decided to go the other direction and bake a mini chocolate cake just for giggles. This cake is the perfect size for when your chocolate cake craving strikes (which happens all the time for me) but you don’t wanna have to bake (and eventually end up devouring) an entire cake:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 4-inch ramekin.
- In measuring cup, whisk together milk and vinegar and set aside couple minutes.
- Add oil, sugar and vanilla, and whisk together until foamy.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into ramekin and bake 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn cake out of ramekin and cool completely before frosting.
For Chocolate Frosting:
2 Tbsp butter, at room temperature and cut into small pieces
1/4 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp cocoa powder
1-2 tsp milk
In small bowl, use spoon to cream butter until smooth.
Once butter is smooth, add half the powdered sugar and stir slowly until incorporated into butter.
Add remaining powdered sugar a little at a time until mixture has thickened.
Mix in cocoa and salt. Add milk and whisk frosting until light and fluffy.
Spread frosting on cooled cake and top with sprinkles.
OMG!! This mini chocolate cake might be mini in size, but it’s definitely HUGE in flavor!! The cake itself is soft & extremely moist and not too sweet. The frosting is soooo good, very chocolatey & sweet. It complements the cake perfectly. I love this cake! I wanna make a big version of it now! 🙂