Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!
Last year for thanksgiving, we were invited to two friendsgiving parties and i baked two cakes. This year, our friends are either out of town or celebrating with their families, so it’s just the two of us. We wanted to get a turkey but they were all too huge for two people, so we decided to go with ribs.
And instead of baking a whole cake or pie, i’m just gonna bake some biscuits to go with the ribs:
1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup heavy cream (divided)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 7×7 baking pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of cream. Stir until dough is shaggy then add remaining cream and stir to combine.
- Turn dough out onto well-floured surface. Knead dough 30 seconds just until it all comes together.
- Shape dough into square then cut into 4 pieces. Place pieces in prepared pan.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake 15 to 18 minutes until golden.
Usually biscuits are made with butter, but these are made with heavy cream. They are amazingly good: crispy on the outside, extremely flaky and tender inside. I could almost taste the non-existent butter. So easy to whip up too; they don’t require working butter into the flour. Just stir & combine and bake and done. This will be my to-go recipe for yummy flaky biscuits 🙂