We’ve been enjoying beautiful fall weather these past several days: clear blue skies, bright shining sun, crisp cool air… I could really get used to this! I’m craving chocolate again today so i baked up a batch of chocolate cookies:
2 Tbsp butter
4 oz chocolate
1/2 cup flour
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1) In microwave safe bowl using 50% power, melt butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool slightly.
2) In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3) Whisk sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined. Add cooled chocolate mixture and blend until just combined.
4) While mixing, add flour mixture slowly and blend until just combined. Scrape down sides of bowl, then cover dough and refrigerate 1 hour.
5) Preheat oven to 325*F and line baking sheet with parchment. Use tablespoon to scoop dough, then roll dough in hands to create balls. Arrange balls about 2 inches apart on baking sheet, then flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes.
These cookies are rich & chocolatey with a chewy brownie-like texture. They are so good! Paired with some warm milk, perfect for a cool fall evening. 🙂