Haven’t baked in a week! Have been pretty busy last week with a friend visiting from out of town, then driving down to Houston over the weekend to visit the in-laws.
I have been indulging in yummy desserts these past few days: Peppermint & Key Lime Cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory, yummy cookies from Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana, bought 3+ lbs of chocolate from the Russell Stover factory store, and the local Kroger was having a bakery sale so i got their cheesecake, chocolate cake, and chocolate cannoli.
Since i have bunch of desserts at home, i thought i’ll make something sweet for breakfast: cinnamon sugar scones:
- 1 cups flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt into mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mix in butter using fingers until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add sugar and milk and use fork to stir mixture into dough.
- Form dough into ball, then sprinkle some flour onto counter and roll out dough ball into circle.
- Cut circle into 8 wedges and place wedges onto cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar to taste; then lightly sprinkle over scones.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until tops turn golden brown.
These scones are so yummy! Crispy on the outside, tender & flaky on the inside. They taste like a cinnamon-roll biscuit. Very easy to make too; takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for breakfast or afternoon snack, great with a cup of coffee 🙂