OMG this is my hundredth bake!! Over the course of the year i’ve actually baked 100 times. This is cause for celebration!
X’mas is a time for cookies. People always do cookie exchange at x’mas time. Last year i baked some chocolate crinkle cookies: they were so festive and yummy. This year, i’m baking some mocha snowballs.
These cookies are also known as snowball cookies, butterballs, Russian tea cakes, or Mexican wedding cakes. They come in a variety of flavors. I decided on chocolate & coffee to go with my x’mas log cake.
INGREDIENTS (makes about 8 cookies):
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch salt
- Additional powdered sugar for rolling
- Mix butter, powdered sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla with electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour and salt and mix until dough comes together. If dough is too soft, chill it until you can work it easily with your hands.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheet with parchment. Scoop 1-Tbsp balls of dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-10 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown. Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes.
- Fill small bowl with powdered sugar and roll each cookie in sugar until coated. Place on rack to cool.
These are the yummiest snowballs ever! They have a rich chocolatey flavor with a hint of coffee. They are soft & crumbly and melt in your mouth, just like real snowballs! I’ll definitely make these again 🙂