After a hearty x’mas brunch, of course we need a yummy dessert. And for dessert, I made some strawberry chocolate sandwich cookies:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 7×7 inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Mix melted chocolate, egg and vanilla into dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Press into bottom of baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are done.
- Let cool slightly then cut into 12 equal pieces. Spread strawberry jam on top and sandwich 2 pieces together.
These cookies are crispy & crunchy, and the strawberry jam pairs wonderfully with the rich chocolatey flavor. Great with some coffee or tea. Perfect ending to a yummy x’mas brunch!