It’s a dreary day today: the sky is gray and cloudy with a cold wind blowing. It’s a day to stay indoors with a warm blankie and a mug of hot chocolate. And of course i need something sweet to brighten up the day:
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp white sugar, to top with
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease loaf pan.
- In bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, egg, and milk. Combine well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until center has set and top is golden. Let cool few minutes before spreading on ganache.
- Microwave cream on high 1 minute until edges have started to bubble. Immediately add chocolate chips and let sit 1 minute. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour ganache on blondie. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations. They go hand in hand like… peanut butter & chocolate! This blondie is very tasty: the peanut butter flavor really comes through, and the chocolate ganache just brings it over the top. The texture is more cakey then fudgey, so it’s more like a peanut butter cake. Nevertheless, these blondies are the perfect accompaniment to my hot cocoa, and they definitely sweetened up my day! 🙂