It’s National Peanut Butter Day! I love peanut butter. Not as much as i love chocolate but it’s up there. Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combos. And for peanut butter day, i made some peanut butter pretzel bars:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Line loaf pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place yogurt, pretzels and 4 Tbsp peanut butter in bowl. Mix until combined. Press firmly into prepared pan.
- Place chocolate and remaining peanut butter in microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Spread evenly over peanut butter layer. Chill for at least 1 hour, then slice into bars.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
These pretzel bars have the perfect flavor profile: sweet, salty and slightly tangy. They have a nice crunchy texture from the pretzels, and remind me of the “Take 5” candy bar. With only 4 ingredients, these are super simple to whip up whenever a candy-craving hits. And with no extra sugar or butter, i consider this to be a somewhat healthy snack, especially with the protein from the yogurt & peanut butter. I’ll definitely be making this again soon! 🙂