This Sunday is Valentine’s day. My husband asked me what i wanted for V-day and i immediately answered “CHOCOLATE”!! That’s my answer for everything. I want chocolate for v-day, for our anniversary, for my birthday, for x’mas… in fact, i want chocolate everyday. I’m an incurable chocoholic!
Most girls go gaga over jewelry or clothes, but my heart belongs to chocolate. I don’t wear jewelry except for my wedding ring, i don’t need fancy clothes. But i need chocolate in my life. I can’t go a day without chocolate.
So as a pre-valentine’s day gift, i’m making my husband’s favorite dessert: molten chocolate cake!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 oz chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch salt
- dash vanilla
- 4 tsp flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease 2 small ramekins.
- Microwave butter & chocolate 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and cool slightly.
- Mix in beaten egg, then salt & vanilla. Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Divide batter between ramekins and bake 6-8 minutes (don’t over-bake!)
- Invert cakes onto plates and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
These cakes are gooey & decadent with a rich chocolatey flavor. Unfortunately I over-baked them and they became not really molten. However they are still quite indulgent, perfect for you & your sweetie on valentine’s day (or any day!) 🙂