It’s a cold & rainy day today. I’m warming myself up with some coffee and craving a nice big slice of cake with chocolate glaze:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup yogurt
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 8-inch square pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In measuring cup, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry, mixing lightly with rubber spatula until just combined.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing top lightly with spatula.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until center is set and slightly springy to the touch.
- Place pan on wire rack and let cool 30 minutes.
- Microwave cream for 30 seconds. Stir in chocolate until melted & smooth.
- Slice cake in half. Glaze top of one half, place second half on top of first half, then glaze top of entire cake and let drip down sides of cake. Chill until ready to serve.
Wow… this cake is definitely a keeper. It’s moist & a little dense, just the way i like it. Not too sweet with a mild vanilla flavor, complementing perfectly with the chocolate glaze. It’s so easy to whip up, no mixer necessary. Great as an afternoon snack or evening dessert. Definitely satisfied my cake-craving! 🙂