Tonight I’m craving chocolate, as usual. Chocolate cake, to be exact. But i didn’t wanna bake an entire cake, so i made two small cakes for the two of us.
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or half & half)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 2 ramekins lightly with nonstick spray.
- Combine 1/4 cup chocolate and heavy cream in bowl. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar until no lumps remain. Whisk in oil, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- In small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Pour into wet ingredients and fold until all ingredients are mixed without any lumps. Pour evenly into ramekins. Drop remaining chocolate into centers of cakes and fully submerge.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
These cakes might be small in size but are definitely big in taste. They are rich and indulgent with an intense chocolate flavor. The texture is fudgy and moist with a gooey center. They are a wonderful treat for a chocoholic like me. Yum! 🙂