It’s Easter weekend and the weather is lovely. I bought a bunch of chocolate candy for Easter and decided to bake them into some easy cookies:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugars and vanilla until completely smooth and then stir in the egg.
- Stir in flour and baking soda and mix well. (Dough should pull away from sides of bowl.) Stir in chopped candy.
- Refrigerate dough in airtight container for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- Roll balls of dough that are tall & rectangular. Space them out on cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-12 minutes until lightly golden brown on top. (Slightly under-baking these cookies will yield extremely soft and chewy cookies.)
- Allow cookies to continue to “bake” on cookie sheet for 3 more minutes before removing to cooling rack.
These cookies are soft & chewy, almost cakey. As they cool they get a little crispier on the outside. They have great flavor, not too sweet, with candy in each bite. These are yummy fat little cookies! Happy Easter 🙂