Happy Saturday! Saturday is my favorite day of the week. After a long tiring week at work, this is the day i finally get to bake! I look forward to Saturday all week long.
Since it’s springtime and official strawberry season, i wanted to bake a simple cake with these sweet & juicy berries.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup yogurt
2 Tbsp oil
1/3 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 8-inch square pan or loaf pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In measuring cup, whisk together next 4 ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry, mixing lightly with rubber spatula until just combined.
- Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing top lightly with spatula.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until center is set and slightly springy to the touch.
This cake is soft and tender with a light & moist crumb. It’s not heavy & dense like a pound cake. I call it a snack cake since it’s great for snacking on, not overly sweet like a dessert. You can add a simple glaze if you prefer something a little sweeter.
My husband really enjoyed it. He says it’s soft & pillow-y like a really comfy pillow or a puffy cloud. Since he does not have a huge sweet tooth like i do, the sweetness is just perfect for him.
This simple strawberry snack cake would be great for breakfast too, topped with some freshly whipped cream and paired with a cup of cappuccino. Have a great weekend y’all, and happy baking! 🙂