Happy Saturday! It’s time for weekend dessert-making! Monday is Memorial day so we have a 3-day weekend. Woo-hoo! Memorial day is also the unofficial start of summer: the days are getting longer, the weather’s getting warmer, we’re spending more time cooling off in the pool…
Summer desserts are a little different as well. Since i’m feeling less inclined to turn on the oven in my kitchen, i’ll be making more no-bake desserts. And the flavors will be lighter & brighter, more fruity & citrus-y.
Today we’re invited to a friend’s place for a potluck dinner and I’m bringing dessert. I decided to try a lemon mango cheesecake icebox cake:
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant mango pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tub (8 oz) cool whip, thawed
- 1 1/2 packages Golden (or lemon cream) Oreos
- Make both puddings according to package directions using 3 1/2 cups of milk. Chill in refrigerator until set.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light & fluffy. Stir in 1/2 cup cool whip and mix well. Set aside.
Put remaining 1/2 cup milk into small bowl. Dip cookies in milk quickly and then place onto bottom of 9×13 pan in a single layer.
- Spread lemon pudding on top of cookies. Spread cream cheese on top of pudding.
- Dip remaining cookies in milk quickly and place on top of cream cheese mixture in a single layer.
- Spread mango pudding on top of cookies. Spread remaining cool whip on top.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight. Garnish with fruits or crushed cookie crumbs as desired before serving.
Since it’s Memorial day, i garnished this bright & lemony dessert with strawberries & blueberries to represent the red, white & blue. Such an easy-to-make & fun dessert!
Happy Memorial Day, y’all! 🙂