Happy Sunday! The weekend is way too short; it went by in a flash. To end the week on a sweet note, I made a small batch of devil’s food cupcakes:
Ingredients (6 cupcakes)
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with 6 cupcake liners and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cocoa, egg and butter in bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat ingredients together until smooth.
- Using spatula, fold in sour cream until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- Remove from pan and transfer cupcakes to cooling rack.
- In the meantime prepare Chocolate Frosting.
- Microwave chocolate chips 30-60 seconds until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand 2 minutes then whisk in sour cream until combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes and set in refrigerator before serving.
These cupcakes are amazing! They are light & fluffy, tender & moist, with a deep chocolate flavor. The frosting has a slight tang from the sour cream which complements the richness of the chocolate. These are truly indulgent and delectable!
A perfect sweet ending to a long week. Happy baking! 🙂