Happy Saturday! Can you believe it’s July already? Half the year has gone by so quickly. I didn’t get to bake much this year due to job commitments. Now i only have time to bake on weekends. So now i really love the weekends!
Today (and everyday) i have a chocolate craving. And since it’s Saturday, i wanted to make something for brunch. So i decided on chocolate chocolate-chip scones!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt into bowl and mix well.
- Mix in butter using fingers until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add sugar, milk and vanilla, and stir mixture into dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into ball, then divide into 5 circles and place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until done.
As the scones were baking, the smell coming out of the oven was unbelievable! Turned my tiny kitchen into chocolate heaven. Someone really needs to bottle this smell and sell it as air freshener!
These scones are amazing: slightly crispy outside with a soft & tender crumb. The chocolate flavor is not overpowering but enough to satisfy my chocolate craving! They are perfect as is with some coffee in the morning, or served with some fresh strawberries and whipped cream!
Have a great July 4th weekend y’all, and happy baking! 🙂