Happy Saturday! It’s a beautiful summer day. We woke up bright & early this morning. I asked my husband what he’d like for breakfast and he says pancakes or waffles. Then i remembered we ran out of milk. So i told him i’ll make him a breakfast cake (without milk!)
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup yogurt
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped grapes
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 7-inch square pan or loaf pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In measuring cup, whisk together egg, juice, yogurt, oil and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry, mixing lightly with rubber spatula until just combined.
- Gently fold in chopped pineapple.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing top lightly with spatula.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until center is set and slightly springy to the touch.
This breakfast cake is super yummy! It has a light citrus flavor and is not too sweet. The crumb is moist & tender and the grapes have a nice chew. What a perfect way to jump start this lovely day!
Have a great weekend and happy baking, y’all! 🙂