- 1/4 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cookie butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, cookie butter, sugar and vanilla until completely combined and then stir in egg.
- Stir in flour and baking soda and mix well. (Dough should pull away from bowl.)
- Refrigerate dough in airtight container for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- Roll balls of dough that are tall & rectangular. Space them out on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown on top. (Slightly under-baking these cookies will yield extremely soft and chewy cookies.)
- Allow cookies to continue to “bake” on cookie sheet for 3-5 more minutes before removing to cooling rack.
I have to admit these are not the prettiest cookies but they sure are tasty with a soft chewy texture. The brown sugar in the cookie dough caramelizes while baking, creating rich, buttery cookies with hints of caramel and vanilla. They’re tender & moist, and if you enjoy cookie butter and peanut butter, these warm comforting cookies will be your new favorite!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and happy baking! 🙂