Happy Saturday! It’s the middle of summer and we finally hit 100 degrees yesterday. Today’s gonna be another hot one. I woke up early this morning and had a hankering for some fresh-baked rolls. So i proceeded to make some!
Since i wanted them for breakfast, i had no time to work with a yeast dough which requires time to proof. So i went with a no-yeast dough. And i wanted just a small batch of rolls for my husband and i, so this recipe is perfect:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp apricot preserves
- 4 Tbsp cantaloupe puree
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray 4 cups in muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- In measuring cup, combine milk, vinegar and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until soft dough forms.
- Heavily flour work surface and pat dough out into 6″ long rectangle.
- Spread apricot jam & cantaloupe puree on top of dough.
- Carefully roll dough up starting with long side.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces, drop into greased muffin cups and bake 10-15 minutes.
- Glaze apricot rolls if desired and enjoy warm.
These rolls are so soft & fluffy when they just come out of the oven! They are lightly flavored with the apricot & cantaloupe, perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee. If you wanted them a little sweeter definitely go with a simple glaze on top.
What a great start to a beautiful Saturday morning. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy baking! 🙂