Happy Saturday! It’s the weekend again, and as much as i love the weekends i always feel they’re too short. We should have a 2-day workweek and a 5-day weekend! That’d make me very happy.
Weekends are always packed with errands to run & things that we’ve no time to tackle during the week. Like house-hunting; that’s something that we’re looking into right now. And after two weeks of car-shopping, i bought a new car this afternoon!
Of course, there’s also baking which i really love to do! Since it’s the start of August and the hottest month of the year (we’ve had several 100 degree days this past week), i decided to bake something light & refreshing:
2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
1 large egg, room temperature, separated
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/6 cup flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 2 ramekins.
2. In a bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and lemon zest and beat until combined. Add egg yolk and beat well. Add lemon juice, flour and sour cream and beat until smooth.
3. Beat egg white until foamy. Add salt and beat to stiff peaks. Add half of the whites to lemon mixture and gently fold in. Repeat with remaining whites. Transfer to ramekins. Place ramekins in larger pan and carefully pour boiling water to depth of 1 inch.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes until slightly golden brown and center is just set. Cakes should spring back when gently touched. Remove from water bath and cool slightly on wire rack.
5. Lightly dust with powdered sugar and enjoy warm.
OMG this lemon pudding cake is amazing! The texture is light, fluffy & airy, almost like a souffle. When you dig into it, the inside is creamy like a cheesecake. The taste is a perfect balance of tangy and sweet. Lemony and so refreshing, this is the perfect dessert to end a hot & muggy summer evening.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and happy baking, y’all! 🙂