Happy Sunday! After an entire week of rain & gloom, the sun finally came out today. I love this weather: clear blue sunny skies and temps in the 80’s. Feels almost like fall!
1 egg white, room temperature
1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tsp almond flour
1/3 cup + 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
6 tsp Nutella
1. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
2. In small bowl, sift together almond flour and powdered sugar.
3. In medium bowl, beat egg white with electric mixer until soft peaks.
4. Gently fold in almond flour mixture using spatula (scrape down the middle and sweep the sides carefully).
5. Once everything is well incorporated, scoop mixture into pastry bag.
6. Pipe out 12 round circles on parchment. Use finger tip to gently press away any peaks.
7. Let sit at room temperature 30-60 minutes until they appear dry. Preheat oven to 300°.
8. Bake 14-16 minutes until tops are dry and they have risen up to reveal their ‘feet.’
9. Let cool on baking sheet, then carefully remove to wire rack.
10. Spread 1 tsp Nutella on 6 cookies, then press remaining cookies on top to make 6 yummy macarons.
This batch of macarons didn’t turn out as well as i’d hoped. They did rise a little and have tiny “feet” but not as much as i’d like. The tops were also not as glossy as i’d prefer. But they still tasted great, and filled with Nutella, they just can’t go wrong!
Now i’m gonna relax and enjoy the remainder of this beautiful day. Happy baking, y’all! 🙂