Happy Sunday! This weekend has been absolutely lovely. The weather is gorgeous, a little warm for fall, almost summer-like. Perhaps summer wants to linger on a little more, which is fine by me!
Since it’s Sunday i wanted to make a little something sweet for brunch. Haven’t baked scones in awhile so today’s the day for some simple scones!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate coconut truffles, chopped
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt into mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mix in butter using fingers until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add sugar, milk and vanilla, and use fork to stir mixture into dough. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Divide dough into two balls, then sprinkle some flour onto counter and roll out dough balls into circles.
- Cut each circle into 6 wedges and place onto cookie sheet.
- Brush with some milk and sprinkle with some granulated sugar if desired.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until tops turn golden brown.
These scones are amazing! Slightly crispy on the outside, soft & tender inside. Not too sweet with a light chocolate coconut flavor. Perfect with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate!
I’m gonna enjoy these with brunch then enjoy the rest of my weekend. Y’all should too! Have a great weekend, and happy baking! 🙂