Happy Hump Day! Yeah i know it’s the middle of the week, not my usual baking day. But today i’m not baking. I’m making a no-bake chocolate lasagna for the office holiday potluck.
Can you believe Thanksgiving is only a week away? Time flies; the year is almost over. I’m glad for the upcoming holidays and long weekends; i could really use the time off from work and enjoy some much-needed R&R.
So for thanksgiving, my department at work is throwing together a potluck. Management will provide the giant bird while we’ll all chip in for the other stuff. Of course I signed up for dessert! There are other people bringing dessert but most of them are pumpkin-based. Now i know pumpkin is a popular flavor of the season but i’m really not a big fan. I am, however, a huge chocoholic, hence the chocolate lasagna:
- 1 package oreos (about 36 cookies), crushed to fine crumbs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 12 oz (about 4.5 cups) cool whip, thawed and divided
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, for dusting
- In large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom of 9×13-inch pan and place in refrigerator.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar and 2 Tbsp milk and mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Spread mixture over crust.
- In large bowl, whisk pudding with 3 1/4 cups milk until pudding starts to thicken. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 5 minutes for pudding to firm up.
- Spread remaining cool whip on top. Dust with cocoa powder. Place in freezer for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Well, since this is for a potluck i’m not able to cut into it. But i made an individual serving for my husband to try. It is super chocolatey & definitely very tasty!
Have a great rest of the week, and happy baking! 🙂