Happy Sunday! It’s such a gorgeous day! Temperatures dipped into the 30’s overnight and there’s a chill in the air. The sun is shining brightly and the sky is blue & clear. It’s the perfect fall day!
Tomorrow is my husband’s birthday, and we decided to get together with some friends for Sunday brunch today to celebrate. Of course there’s no celebration without cake, and today i made him a no-bake mocha cheesecake:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 package lady fingers
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- In bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, coffee & cocoa until smooth. In another bowl, whip one cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks. Carefully fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Line bottom of springform pan with lady fingers by cutting to fit. Brush lady fingers with coffee.
- Cover lady fingers with half of cream cheese mixture. Dust with cocoa powder. Repeat with more coffee-soaked lady fingers, remaining cream cheese mixture and cocoa powder.
- Whip second cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks. Pipe whipped cream on top of cheesecake as desired. Store covered in fridge until ready to serve.
Ooohhh… this cheesecake was super yummy! It tastes like a mocha frappuccino in cake form! If you’re a coffee lover, you’ll love this cheesecake. With the coffee-soaked lady fingers, it’s almost like a tiramisu!
This yummy dessert is perfect on a chilly fall day with a cup of joe or hot chocolate. It’s a wonderful ending (or beginning, as we did) to a lovely Sunday brunch with friends!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and happy baking! 🙂