There’s more baking this morning! We are invited to a friend’s x’mas party this evening, so of course i’m bringing dessert. Last year i made a x’mas log cake which was yummy but a lot of work. This year i decided to go simpler and make an easy (but still yummy!) x’mas poke cake:
1 box white cake mix (and ingredients needed)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1.5 tubs cool whip, thawed
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- Bake cake in 9×13 pan according to package directions.
- Let cool slightly, then using the back of a wooden spoon poke holes in the cake.
- Pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk over cake into holes.
- Refrigerate few hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, spread one tub of cool whip over cake.
- Mix raspberry preserves with remaining cool whip and swirl over cake.
Well, the cake is done and ready for the party. Haven’t had a chance to cut into it or eat it yet, but i’m pretty sure it’ll be super yummy!
That’s all the baking for today. I’ll be baking more cookies tomorrow so stay tuned! 🙂