On to the second batch of cookies. Since it’s freezing out and i have hot chocolate on my mind, i made some Mexican hot chocolate biscotti:
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 cup mexican hot cocoa mix
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line cookie sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together egg, oil and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and stir into egg mixture and form into dough.
- Transfer dough to cookie sheet and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake 20 -25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut 1/2 inch slices with serrated knife.
- Lay slices back on cookie sheet and bake 5 more minutes on each side.
These biscotti are super yummy! So crispy & crunchy with a mild chocolate flavor. I dipped the biscotti in melted chocolate and stuck mini marshmallows on the side, so when i dunk them in a mug of hot chocolate, the mini marshmallows melts into the chocolate and becomes a yummy drink!
Ok that’s all the baking i’m doing this weekend. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy baking! 🙂