Happy Sunday! It’s two days before Valentines, and since v-day falls on a Tuesday this year and i have to go to work, we decided to celebrate early. Last year i made our favorite dessert, chocolate lava cake. This year i’m making the same since it’s something we both enjoy tremendously!
- 2 oz (1/3 cup) chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 2 ramekins.
- Place chocolate chips and butter into bowl. Microwave on high in 15-second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Add sugar and egg and whisk until smooth. Add flour and coffee and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into each ramekin and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted plate and turn over.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
This lava cake is soooo amazingly decadent: the chocolate flavor really comes through in every bite. And the molten center is the best part; it’s like eating silky smooth chocolate! I just can’t get enough… The secret is not to over-bake it.
It’s so easy to whip up too: only six ingredients in one bowl, no mess, no fuss, takes little effort and you get an amazing dessert. You can easily pay up to $10 for a dessert like this at a restaurant, so why not make it yourself and enjoy it with your sweetie? 😉
What a perfect ending to the weekend. Hope y’all have a great week, and happy baking! 🙂