Happy Saturday!! It’s been a loooong time since i last posted and there’s a reason. I was on a 21-day sugar shake: cutting out desserts & sweets for 3 whole weeks.
Those seemed like the longest 3 weeks of my life and i felt miserable. During those 21 days i replaced my sugar addiction with a carb addiction: replacing desserts with bread & chips. At the end of the 3 weeks, i put on 4 pounds. So it was a failed experiment.
But thankfully, now i’m back to eating desserts! Yay!!! I’m much happier now. I’ve just confirmed that cutting out desserts from my life is a terrible idea, and i shall continue to enjoy desserts for as long as i live!
To celebrate, i decided to whip up one of my favorite desserts: Nutella cheesecake bars!!
- 9 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Line 7×7-inch pan with foil.
- Mix crushed cookies with melted butter. Press into bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in cool whip until combined.
- Reserve one cup of batter. Pour remaining batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Fold Nutella into reserved batter until combined. Pour into pan and spread evenly.
- Chill in fridge for couple hours until cheesecake has set. Cut into bars and enjoy!
These Nutella cheesecake bars are simply divine. The sweet creamy Nutella layer complements the slightly tangy cheesecake layer, and the crunchy Oreo cookie base just gives it the perfect mouth-feel. Yummy!
Well now that i’m back to enjoying desserts, you can bet there’ll be lots more posts on this site, so stay tuned! Have a great weekend, and happy baking!! 🙂