Happy Sunday! Today is officially the last day of winter and tomorrow the first day of spring. I love springtime: all the leaves start sprouting and flowers start blooming. Here in Texas it’s also bluebonnet season and you see beautiful bluebonnets everywhere.
This has been an abnormally warm winter, one of the warmest on record. Right now we’re 10-15 degrees above normal. I personally love warmer weather so i’m really enjoying it. And since it’s a lovely Sunday morning, i wanted to enjoy some fresh-baked scones:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Rolo (choc caramel) candies, chopped
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt into mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mix in butter using fingers until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add sugar, milk and vanilla, and use fork to stir mixture into dough. Fold in chopped candies.
- Divide dough into two balls, then sprinkle some flour onto counter and roll out dough balls into circles.
- Cut each circle into 6 wedges and place onto cookie sheet.
- Brush with some milk and sprinkle with some granulated sugar if desired.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until tops turn golden brown.
These scones are super yummy! Slightly crispy on the outside and extremely soft and tender inside. They are mildly sweet with pockets of melted chocolate-caramel. Perfect bite-sized snacks to go with your morning coffee!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Goodbye, winter! Hello, spring! Happy baking! 🙂