Happy Saturday! This has been a pretty good week; not as exhausting as last week. The weather has been acting kinda crazy: we were in the 80’s yesterday, hot & humid, but this morning we started out in the 50’s and will only reach the 60’s in the afternoon.
So anyway, we’re going to a friend’s place for dinner this evening and of course i’m bringing dessert. I never go anywhere without dessert! I’ve been baking lots of chocolate treats the past few weeks, so today i decided to switch it up and bake something citrus-y!
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup orange (or pineapple) juice
1 cup orange marmalade
pineapple slices for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease 9-inch round baking pan.
2. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to large bowl and combine.
3. Add milk, oil, vanilla and egg to medium bowl and combine.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
5. Slowly add juice to batter and beat until well combined. Batter will be thin.
6. Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Spread orange marmalade on top of cake. Decorate with pineapple slices.
Oh wow… this cake is simply amazing, if i may say so myself. Being the huge chocoholic that i am, i don’t really go for the non-chocolate stuff but i gotta tell you, this cake is a great change of taste. Bright & citrusy with a mild tropical flavor from the orange & pineapple… It’s brings feelings of summer & beach!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy baking! 🙂